Information for commissioners
We specialise in managing outsourced services from the NHS and local authorities. We deliver high-quality services focussed on service users, their families and carers.
From our 33 service centres, we manage
- 17 community equipment contracts
- 15 wheelchair contracts, of which 9 cover the entire care pathway from referral to provision
- 4 assistive technology contracts
- 3 home improvement agency services
- 1 sensory impairment and support service
Across all of our contracts, we work closely with our commissioning colleagues to design, tailor and continuously improve the local service, within the boundaries of legislation and national standards. We deliver the best possible outcomes for users, whilst optimising the available funding.
Just some of the activities we carry out include
- clinical assessment
- delivery and collection
- equipment recycling
- PAT and LOLER testing
- minor adaptations
- telecare installation and monitoring
- repair and refurbishment
Our adaptability and flexibility received widespread compliments from commissioners and prescribers, as do our highly trained, empathetic, user-focussed teams.
Everything we do, from clinical assessments to decontaminating equipment, is underpinned by ISO-certified quality, health and safety and environmental process and systems, all wrapped up in an established and independently audited integrated management system.
We work to the following standards:
- NHS Information Governance Toolkit Level 2 – Business Partner
- ISO 9001 Quality
- ISO 14001 Environmental
- OHSAS 18001 Health and Safety
- ISO 13485 Medical Device Manufacture
- British Healthcare Trades Association (BHTA) Code of Practice
- TSA Code of Practice
- Foundations Quality Mark
- HMG Cyber Essentials Plus
- Community Equipment Dispenser (CED) Code of Conduct
Bespoke Management System
Our IT system, MillFlow, is the only system which covers all services. It has the ability to integrate community equipment, wheelchair, HIA and assistive technology services to deliver a single user record. The system is accessible by commissioners and prescribers through any internet-enabled device.
MillFlow supports real-time access to, amongst many other things, online ordering, equipment catalogues, order tracking, reporting and analysis.