Home Improvement Agency
Our home improvement agency (HIA) and handy person services are dedicated to making suitable, fit-for-purpose adaptations to your home which help you to live more independently.
We want you to be involved at all stages of the process. We make sure that you are fully informed and supported with all the information and advice you need about the options available to you.
How we can help you
- We can arrange a detailed needs assessment from our experienced occupational therapy staff, to ensure that we provide the solution that is best for you.
- We can support you back into your home if you are returning from a period of time spent in hospital or a care setting.
- We can provide you with a caseworker who will give guidance and support with obtaining a grant or equity release for the works to be carried out.
- We can help you with your DFG application. This includes designing the required work, creating schedule of works, appointing contractors and managing the works until completion.
- We will invite you and your family to visit one of our mi-life centres (information and retail facility). Here, you can see what is available and select your preferred options from a range of choices, e.g. styles, colours, fixtures, fittings, look and feel.
In all circumstances, we are always here to help. There are many ways in which you can contact us to ask any questions that you may have, find out more or simply to comment on the service you have received.
Please click here to read a Foundations DFG Case Study for our Dorset Accessible Homes Service.