Support for Independent Living in Worcester
About our Service
The Worcestershire Promoting Independent Living Service (PILS) is locally based with offices and a demonstration centre / showroom in Martley.
We are funded by the partnership of the District and County Councils in Worcestershire; we work closely with a range of agencies to provide our services. The service is available to anyone living in the Worcestershire County Council area.
We provide practical help to create safe, warm and accessible homes. The team has an in house Occupational Therapist and we work closely with the NHS Community Occupational Therapists teams.
PILS is delivered by Millbrook Healthcare Ltd which specialises in the provision of high-quality home improvement agency services to the NHS and local authorities across England.
Advice and Assistance
The help offered can range from offering advice and recommendations to people who need reliable professionals to carry out work to delivering major adaptations for people most in need.
- Help with identifying the work required to adapt, repair or improve a customer’s home
- Help with Disabled Facilities Grant applications for adaptation works • Help homeowners with Home Repairs Assistance for essential repairs to their home
- Monitor the quality of work carried out by experienced and approved contractors
- Assist with Housing Options – giving people access to practical help and information about moving home and what housing options are available to meet their needs. The advice and support given is free, although costs will be incurred for services such as removal companies, solicitors, etc. The service may be able to access funding or grants to help you with these costs.
- Assess for and provide, equipment and minor adaptions helping to reduce risks, minimise concerns and prevent falls at home
- Provide you with our handyperson service; for works which include replacing washers for taps, hanging curtains, small painting jobs and fitting key safes or grab rails
- Provide advice and practical guidance for customers with Dementia who would like help to remain safe and maximise their independence at home
PILS can also help with privately-funded adaptations for homeowners, for which a reasonable fee is charged for overseeing the works and ensuring they meet your independent living needs.
To use any of the services described on this page, get in touch with the Promoting Independent Living Service by phone on 0330 124 8205 or email our customer service team on PILScontactus@millbrookhealthcare.co.uk
Choose your local Authority for area specific guidance:
Our home improvement agency service is here to offer you peace of mind to support your independent living.
Customer services opening hours:
9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday
Operations Manager: Kate Curran
Berrow Green Road,
Tel: 0330 124 8205
How to raise a complaint
If you wish to make a complaint, you can contact us in a variety of ways
Find details on our Feedback page.